Wednesday, October 3, 2007

No-Nap Day

Today was a “no-nap” day. This occurs every so often when I don’t get A down to nap before 2pm. Unfortunately, G followed the trend as well and I had both kids crying in their rooms at the same time. I don’t like “no-nap” days.

To save my sanity I had to go back on my threat to A. I told her that if she didn’t nap then Cousin  wouldn’t be able to come over. I thought she would understand this reasoning and settle down for a nap, but I heard her jumping on her bed 10 minutes later. When G started screaming I figured that one time of not following through wouldn’t fatally flaw my parenting. I also knew that my sister-in-law was having a no-nap day and we both needed each other.

So Cousin arrived and the kids all played together while Sisnlaw and I bemoaned the days without naps. I am fortunate to have pretty good sleepers. A only has these days once every 2 months or so while some kids her age don't even take naps anymore. I believe G is just in the process of dropping his second nap. I have nothing to complain about.

I should have known it was going to be a tough day when A screamed and cried when her beloved Daddy had to go to work. She said, “Daddy, I want you so badly!” and Hubby had to have the resolve of an Iron-man in order to not sit down to just one more tea party.

But what can I say? My cup overflows and I have too much to be thankful for to get down on one day.

1 comment:

kelsamatic said...

Sorry about your "No-Nap Day." It was super-hard to leave my precious little girl this morning! And it's always hard to leave my beautiful wife!