Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Reinforcements

I've never been in the police force or the military but I imagine that having reinforcements is a wonderful and refreshing thing. That's why I love the sound of our garage door opening.

Make sense?

When I hear the garage door opening in the afternoon I have sometimes said, 'reinforcements!' Hubby arrives home from work and it's so nice to have another set of hands, legs, and a 2nd brain in charge of parenting. Not to mention a bit of a break after caring for the kids all day. On a really tough day I've been known to call for back up even before 5pm rolls around. I really don't know how single parents do it.

Today though the sound was the garage door closing as he headed out to an evening meeting. So now I'm blogging instead of putting the kids down for bed. They are enjoying the extra playtime and since I have to put them down one at a time it's an even longer process than when Hubby is here and we put them both down at the same time.

Well, I must investigate what my little girl has been doing for the last few minutes in the bathroom quietly by herself.

No comments: