Monday, August 11, 2008

God of Wonders-Caedmon's Call/Third Day

This is my ultimate favorite song. The lyrics are so great and it just leads me into worship so easily. I don't remember the first time I heard it, but my favorite group is Caedmon's Call so I probably bought the CD right when it came out. On this song they collaborated with Third Day and it made for a great combination.



It came out while I was in college. I remember sitting in my car on the way to some kind of exam and at stop light this song came on and the sun was setting and the sky was so beautiful. I remember singing and crying just realizing how beautiful the world is and how wonderful God is.

The lyrics express my wonder at how big and incomprehensible God is to my small mind. He is beyond our galaxy, holy, and everything we see around us shows his beauty and creativity. I remember learning about astronomy and the professor gave some physical examples of how big other planets were compared to earth, and then how small our galaxy is compared to other galaxies and it all just blows my mind! I can't comprehend it all, and yet God created it all and can keep track of the number of hairs on my head. In physiological psychology I remember studying about the human eye and how complicated it is. I just sit in amazement as people can think that all this just happened through evolution. It's obvious to me that the universe is declaring it was created by God.

Anyway, I love this song and love listening to it when I'm outside enjoying nature, so I thought this video would be a good way to show the beauty and complexity of our universe.

No comments: