Monday, August 18, 2008

I can't do it!

I just can't bring myself to do it. My eyes tear up when I think about it. It's not really that hard, I could have someone else do it but I just don't know if I can allow it to be done. But people are starting to say things and I'm starting to feel pressure to do it. One day I'll just have to get myself all hyped up and just do it.

My son needs a haircut.

But I can't do it! I can't bring myself to cut those golden curly locks. People have said to me, "Oh she's so cute." or "His hair is really getting long, when are you going to have it cut?" and "You just need to have another baby so you'll get a girl and she can have long hair."

So sometimes I think, yeah, I really should cut it. Then I think, ah forget what other people say. I love watching the bouncy curls as he runs down the hall, or running my fingers through them as he cuddles on my lap. I get teary-eyed thinking that his hair will never be the same after it gets cut. What am I to do?



I'm putting it off for now. I'll let you know if I get enough guts to do it :o)

3 comments:

torinem said...

Oh Lark, I can totally see why you wouldn't want to cut it! What beautiful hair!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I'm right there with you... we just cut off Keeghan's curls today... it was sad and he looks SO much older now! I'll be checking back to see if you decide to do it!

Jennie Landels said...

Hey lovely,

I'm for keeping the curls! he looks so trendy!

What we all wouldn't give for hair in that condition!!

I say just pretend he lives in Elizabethian England and keep it long!!

x x x x x