Saturday, October 4, 2008

Have we got a party for you!

It's hard to believe 2 years ago we were celebrating A's 2nd birthday and awaiting G's birth. This year we had the kids party together, there's just so much going on this month with Sis's wedding. They were excited about the idea of a party together.

Their favorite videos to watch are VeggieTales and since it's gender neutral, it worked. We try to keep our parties pretty small, but since they were together we let them invite 2 friends each (plus their siblings) add parents and our family and we had a good crowd.

Our family arrived right as I finished decorating the cake. Before they got there I'd had Hubby keeping the kids out of the kitchen so I could work on it. Well, somehow between all 6 adults we had there G stuck his hand right in the top of Larry's head and eye. I said, "Noooo!" and had to wipe him off and try and fix the cake. Hubby came in and took him out and G walked down the hallway with him with his head down and all sad and said, "I wanna say sawee (sorry) to Mommy". So he came back and told me sorry, too sweet. How do you resist that?

It ended up working out okay, I think I got it fixed enough that you couldn't tell, but I was late to the party. I was pleased with how it came out. From this cake I learned to take a picture of the cake right when you finish it!
For fun we had a coloring table with VeggieTales pages.




Grant! No buddy, not again!





The hit toy of the day, the VeggieTales Pirate Ship from Mimi.




A got a Hello Kitty blanket and pillow that she really liked, Meme joked that now she could get rid of her "Lovey" (the little blanket she sleeps with every night). That little joke didn't go over too well and I had to assure her that Meme was just joking and we wouldn't REALLY get rid of Lovey. Sweet girl.



And really, why do we bother with toys sometimes? The girls had fun just running together in the gift bag.



The party was fun, but I sure am glad I don't have to do that again this month! Now on to the wedding.

1 comment:

Bellamarin said...

oh Lark you are so creative! The cakes are beautiful!