Wednesday, October 8, 2008

monotonymonotonymonotony

Sometimes it seems like every day is the same. On Sunday afternoon I literally forgot what day it was for a few minutes and I racked my brain and my surroundings for a clue as to what day it was.

The kids were watching their afternoon video and I was doing some cleaning and trying to finish up my "things I can't do while the kids are up" list while they were occupied with the video. I looked at my watch and it was 5:30. I thought about calling my mom. I wondered if I should call her at home or on her cell phone. Would she be home from work? What time was it, oh a little after 5pm. Hmm...will Hubby be home from work soon?

No wait you crazy woman. It's Sunday. Hubby just left an hour ago to go to youth group, your mom obviously isn't at work today.

So when I told my mom about my brain fart, she said, "oh, you didn't go to church today?" But I had gone to church, it was just the moment of doing the same thing I do every single day that caught me up in not knowing which of those days it was.

I told her I envied people who say 'TGIF' because I don't feel like I get a weekend break from my mom/wife/housekeeper duties. Yes, Saturdays are great when Hubby stays home, but often times he has an event to go to or we have something going on. Then sometimes it's weekdays that he'll take off to compensate if he works in the evening or on a special event.

But, I wouldn't go to work just to know what day of the week it is. On the flip side, I don't have to dread Mondays! In fact, Mondays are kinda nice because that's when I go to MOPS meetings. I am so glad Hubby takes care of going to work and providing for our family so that I can stay home. If nothing else I can always ask him what day it is :o)

No comments: