Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Things I never thought I'd say

Most moms when they say "I never thought I'd say that" are talking about things their mom used to say and now they are hearing themselves say it even though they swore they'd never say that.

I, on the other hand, find myself saying ridiculous things to the kids, only realizing how strange they sound after I say them. Anyone else with me on this?


1. Put that cantaloupe back in the fridge (well, that's not too strange, but it's not something I was expecting to say while I'm checking my email. You never know what the kids will get into when they see me open my laptop)

2. G, stop eating my power cord! (yes, he was chewing on my laptop power cord. Awesome.)

3. Ham is not a bracelet! (I guess you can get the visual on this one)

4. I thought I said 'No more sharing' (A was trying to get G to 'share' his dessert with her even though she'd already finished hers and I'd told her to stop asking him for it, because he'd give it to her!)


Ah, look at all the wonderful lessons they are learning from me.

2 comments:

torinem said...

I totally know what you mean! Especially that last one! Lily likes to "share" her dinner with Ava because Ava likes to eat everything and Lily, well, doesn't.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

The last one totally cracked me up! LOL I say a lot of things too and then think, "Did I REALLY just say that?!" hahahaha