Monday, June 15, 2009

Rainy Days

I'm trying to be a good mommy and relax on rules and such and just let the kids be kids. Today we went on a bike ride and the wind was picking up and sky was threatening rain. But it didn't look too imminent so we went around the block. A wanted to say hi to a friend across the street so we went in her house for 2 or 3 minutes until her mom looked out and said it was raining. The bike was still out front and she let me borrow an umbrella. I couldn't hold both kids hands, the umbrella and push the bike home so I just told the kids to run quick across the street.

We all got a little wet and then I just decided to let them play out in the rain, what the heck. They thought it was AWESOME! They had a great time running and splashing in the gutters (and laying in them, which I wasn't thrilled about..eww). I was having a good time just watching them run back and forth in front of our house.






Ah, and when we got into the garage I helped them get undressed. While I went to get a towel I could see Grant needed to pee, but I'd told him not to come in the house while he was wet. So the poor fellow looked for somewhere he could pee and so he peed in Amelia's shoe. I'm not talking about standing and aiming for the shoe, he got down on the floor and peed in it. I stopped him mid-stream and just made him pee on the outdoor rug instead. I didn't know whether to laugh or what! Who pees in a shoe? Really?

1 comment:

Milla said...

Aww I love these pictures! What fun! I used to LOVE it when we were allowed to play in the rain, so way to go mom!