Saturday, June 8, 2013

Praying God's Word for Your Life

I just finished up the book Praying God's Word for Your Life by Kathi Lipp. She is a riot. I went to one of her breakout sessions on loving your husband and she was hysterical. Her humor comes through in the book and I really enjoyed it.


The book is set up with a few introductory chapters and then each chapter is a different topic to pray for. Some include: 'Your relationship with others', 'Your marriage', 'Your finances'. And then there are some on 'When you are Worried', 'When you are despairing'. So it was a little hard to read at first since I didn't happen to be in despair as I read that chapter, but it seems like it is a good resource to have on hand to come back to.

I have been using it as a devotional book because each chapter has a little introduction about why you should be in prayer for that theme and then it goes through scriptures and has sample prayers to pray as you learn to pray through what you just read from the Bible. At the end of each chapter are practical steps to take in that area.

I would have liked more practical help in how to take a verse and pray through it, but there were so many different examples given and each person is different and the Spirit will lead individually. Overall I enjoyed it and appreciated the reminder that the Word has power and when we pray God's word back to him he is pleased. 

I received a copy of this book through the Revell Blogger Review Program, in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments: