Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Laugh-Out-Loud Pocket Doodles for Boys and Girls

After getting The Big Book of Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids last year and laughing until we cried, I knew the kids would love the newest books from Rob Elliott.


Our oldest kids are in the target age and they love laughing and telling jokes. We gave them the books before we took a road trip and they entertained us and themselves (without electronics!) by telling us jokes. Each page has a joke and part of a doodle to finish and a prompt for the kids to get ideas of what to draw. Unfortunately G tends to get car sick if he reads for too long so he had to put it away. He pulled it out again the next day when we had lunch at a restaurant. It kept his attention while we were waiting for our food to arrive.

I love his little tongue out concentrating.


From 8 year old son:
"I like it because it's funny and the jokes are really creative. I like it because you can draw on it and you can finish the pictures of the jokes. I think it's cool because it teaches kids drawing skills.

The jokes are mostly play on words and are all good clean fun. It begins with a page of five rules for telling jokes:
1. Don't make jokes at other's expense
2. Keep it clean
3. Laughter is great medicine, so find something to laugh at every day
4. Tell your favorite jokes to as many people as you can to brighten up their days, too
5. Body noise and body fluid jokes are the best


I'm not big on potty jokes so that last 'rule' doesn't apply when the kids are with mom....with dad is another story. I haven't read any jokes like that in the book itself though.

From 10 year old daughter:
"The jokes are really funny and even though I'm not a really great draw-er it's helping me to get better."

The girl's book is not drastically different from the boy's book, the jokes are all different and most are not gender specific, but some use girls names instead of boys names. There is also a 'Laugh-Out-Loud Pocket Doodles for Kids" book available from the same author that would work well for kids of either gender.

They love them and I have one more tool in my arsenal to combat the "I'm Boreds" of summer.

I received copies of these books through the Revell Blogger Review Program, in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

No comments: